background

Monday, May 6, 2013

Chewy Granola Bars



I grew up with a Mom who baked everything from scratch.  This is one of the recipes that sticks out most prominently in my childhood.  Chewy granola bars!  They are not a replacement for the kind of granola bars you get from the store.  At least, I've never viewed them that way.  They are thick and chewy and delicious!!  I will show the recipe as written and put my current changes in parenthesis:

Chewy Granola Bars:

Mix together:
1c. brown sugar
2/3c. peanutbutter
1/2c. light Karo syrup (brown rice syrup)
1/2c. melted butter (coconut oil)
2t. vanilla

Then add:
3c. old fashioned oats
1/2 c. unsweetened coconut
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. raisins
1/3 c. wheat germ
2 T. sesame seeds
1 c. chocolate chips

Bake in greased 9x13 pan for 15-20 min until edges are lightly browned.



No comments:

Post a Comment